My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Our company switched DNS, the domain. Why doesn't our Google+ & webpage show up now in search result

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company switched DNS, the domain from a ".com" to a ".co" with a slightly different name. Now, when you Google Search for our new company name our site doesn't appear in the search results and our Google + company profile doesn't appear besides the search results. It has been 9 days since we switched. If it means anything, two days ago I switched the default domain in Google Analytics, do you think that might help? 

1) Our website appears when I search for it ingonito on Google Chrome from the office, but not when I'm home searching incognito. Several of our clients reported not being able to find us when googling our new company name. This is why we are worried. They said they couldn't find us at all on the first page of the results.

2) Second issue is that we worked hard to get our Google plus company profile to appear next to the search results to make finding our info faster. This no longer happens... why? Attached is a screen shot of what exactly I'm referring to. The one that is linked from Google + that appears next to the organic search results. Why isn't this popping up anymore and what can I do to make sure it appears.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Our company switched DNS, the domain. Why doesn't our Google+ & webpage show up now in searc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
[moved your post to Google My Business]
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Re: Our company switched DNS, the domain. Why doesn't our Google+ & webpage show up now in searc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for putting my post in the right place.

Re: Our company switched DNS, the domain. Why doesn't our Google

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name: Signals Analytics (used to be called Signals Group)
2. Current business address: It used to be 3 Columbus Circle, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019, now it is 25th Floor, 1325 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019, United States
3. Current telephone number: (212) 520 2940
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Signalsgroup

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Nadav S

The listing

25th Floor, 1325 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019

is verified and live and comes with the website on TLD ".co" :  

https://maps.google.com/?cid=3742597860567004044

I get your listing also for "Signals Analytics NYC" and with the knowledge graph at GoogleSearch:

Screenshot 2016-07-18 at 18.52.39.png

So i'm not quite sure about your issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@Helmut G

Thank you for your response. Last month before we rebranded and changed domains, the knowledge graph would appear both in Israel, Europe and the US when one would search Signals Group. We never had to include "NYC" at the end.
How can we get the knowledge graph to appear when one searches just "signals analytics" without the "NYC" part. Would it help to verify the locations of our other offices, in Israel and EU? Or is that not relevant. If we did have to verify other locations, do we have to create separate profiles for them?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Nadav S

regarding 

Would it help to verify the locations of our other offices, in Israel and EU? Or is that not relevant. If we did have to verify other locations, do we have to create separate profiles for them?

I don't think this matters.

But 

Here are two great articles linked regarding knowledge panal and name searches: http://localu.org/?s=knowledge+panel

And don't miss this two links 
and 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Helmut. I'll review these links and if I don't find an answer I'll return to this forum.

All the best!