My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Our business no longer showing on maps for most searches

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Our business, Alabama Extreme Watersports Jet Ski Rentals &  Dolphin Tours, has nearly vanished from google maps. We were showing prominently for several popular search phrases 2 weeks ago and now we are gone. We do show up when you google our name, but that doesn't really help us or tell us why we have disappeared for nearly all relevant searches.

The business address is 5749 Bay La Launch Ave, Orange Beach, AL 36561 and the phone number is 251-345-1301. Our Google+ URL is https://plus.google.com/+Aewatersports/

Some of the searches we were showing for included Orange Beach Jet Ski Rentals, Jet Ski Rentals Orange Beach, and Gulf Shores Jet Ski Rentals. 

We have worked very hard to get our previous customers to write reviews on Google instead of other websites to help with our ranking. Not sure if this is something we just need to wait out or what. I want to think there is something we are doing wrong that is preventing Google from listing us in the maps.  Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Greg F
June 2016

Re: Our business no longer showing on maps for most searches

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

It is very strange. I copied one of your search terms into google but missed the 'J' of 'Jet Ski Rentals Orange Beach' and you were showing in position #2. As soon as I corrected it to the full search term, you completely vanished.

Now this is only my opinion and I may be wrong, but I would take the 'Jet Ski Rentals & Dolphin Tours' out of the google+ name as in my eyes it is spammy. Trying to fill the business name with the services like that is just something I don't like to do

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you remove yourself or change address recently on any websites?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Greg F
June 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

It is very strange. I copied one of your search terms into google but missed the 'J' of 'Jet Ski Rentals Orange Beach' and you were showing in position #2. As soon as I corrected it to the full search term, you completely vanished.

Now this is only my opinion and I may be wrong, but I would take the 'Jet Ski Rentals & Dolphin Tours' out of the google+ name as in my eyes it is spammy. Trying to fill the business name with the services like that is just something I don't like to do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ryan,

I thought that this could possibly be the reason so I'm going to accept it as a solution for now. I can't think of anything else. I appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Greg