My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Our business is not listed on Google Maps when search by address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding our business on maps. On Google Maps, our business is listed correctly when a search is made using the name of the business, in this case Creative On Demand.  We are able to see a marker and the name of the business on the correct location.  However, if a search is made by address (2601 S. Bayshore Dr. Miami, FL), the business is not listed while others in the vicinity are.  The only way the business is displayed on the map while searching by address is when we search with the same computer used to verified the business on Google My Business.  Is there any difference between the businesses that are listed showing a circle with an inner square on the map when searching by address? Are those paying members? Any response related to this issue would be really appreciated.  Thanks.

Jimmy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How long has it been since you first put your business info up?

It can take up to 9 months to fully show up correctly. 

If it was paid for it would show up as purple.

Good luck dude!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We set up Google My Business in June, but only added properly to Maps on September, so it's been about 4 months now.  9 months is a long time for a business to fully be listed on Maps.  Thanks for the response, Charlie.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I agree .. you shouldn't care if you show up by search of address should you though? What you should care about is if you show up if people search for Advertising Agency Miami right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Correct.  The issue is that it doesn't show up on the map when performing a search.  On a web search, our business does show up, although not in the first page as of yet. On the map, it does not show up at all unless someone enters the address of the business.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Your showing when I type "advertising agencies" with.. 3 others in the same building? 

IF this is a virtual office you will get taken down and flagged for spam eventually. You have to use a live address that clients can come to to visit.  Or if using a house or whatever you will have to change in your settings that you go to clients, and that they dont come to you. ... other wise you will get whappped again.

Also make sure you business license matches your address phone name etc.

Good luck Jimmy!

Re: Our business is not listed on Google Maps when search by address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Charlie,
Our office is a real office, not a virtual one. I'll need to review the
settings to make sure everything is correct. Hopefully we can find a
solution sooner rather than later. Have a great week.

Jimmy