My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Other Business Branded search pulling in our Google My Business Profile in SERP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Lincoln Derr

2.  4350 Congress St #575, Charlotte, NC 28209

3. (704) 496-4500

4. https://plus.google.com/+LincolnderrLaw

Well this is a new one for me.  I help do some marketing for a law firm.  We have recently verified and optimized their Google My Business Page.  All the information looks great when doing a branded search.  They just let us know they have been getting a ton of calls for another business.  What is happening is if you search 'lincoln national life insurance' you actually get the 'Lincoln Derr' results!  I have no idea how to correct this. Please help!

ld1.PNGld2.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Other Business Branded search pulling in our Google My Business Profile in SERP?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bobby W

I cannot locate that "lincoln national life insurance" anywhere.

Please click in the Map section of the Knowledge panel display and send the maps link.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Other Business Branded search pulling in our Google My Business Profile in SERP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply.  When I click in the maps I get my client's (Lincoln Derr) location..

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lincoln+Derr/@35.154165,-80.837905,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf8e5f...

The odd thing is I don't believe that business (Lincoln Natl. Life Insurance) is even located in Charlotte?  For some reason that name is just pulling in the exact information of Lincoln Derr?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Tim Capper .. did the Map link help at all?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  They say they are getting tons of calls from people searching this other business.  I've never seen this before?  Thanks

Re: Other Business Branded search pulling in our Google My Business Profile in SERP?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Nope @Bobby W

Did not help, I need the map from the lincoln, because I cannot locate anywhere.

I can't locate by name, address or tel number

4350 Congress St  575  Charlotte  NC 28209 site plus.google.com   Google Search.png

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper .. thanks for the help.  So the weird thing is I don't believe this business even has a location in Charlotte?  When I search 'lincoln national life insurance' I'm getting https://www.lfg.com/public/individual in the search results.  When I search a bit more about how to contact I see the closest office location I can find is in Greensboro, NC (about 2 hours from Charlotte where my law firm client is located.)  I can only imagine this is some crazy Google glitch pulling in my client's info (Lincoln Derr) upon searching 'lincoln national life insurance' only because it has 'lincoln' in the name?  

No idea how to resolve, so appreciate any response.  See my screen-shots below from the Greensboro search and their map url..

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lincoln+Financial+Group/@36.0517011,-79.8827414,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!...

lincoln-gboro.PNG

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Bobby W

I finally managed to replicate the result and get the KP showing.

I will now report this.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper .. Great news!  Do you have any type of time frame I can expect to see that search not show my client's information?  I just checked and it's still showing.  Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hey @Bobby W

Time frame is how many escalations in the que.

No Idea, it could be 2 days to 2 weeks.

Sorry, and this is algorithmic / bug so i assume they will need to do some digging to identify why and how, possible even change some code somewhere. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper .. Great, thanks so much for your help.  I'll keep a check on it!