My Business
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Opening times

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I frequently get asked when my opening times are, which is a problem because I only trade by appointment only. Unfortunately there isn't an option for 'By appointment only' What do you suggest I do?

Bellydance Boutique. East Sheen, London UK

07528 097 153

https://business.google.com/b/115506420698161469800/dashboard/l/07103234503375315192?service=gmbl&c=...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Opening times

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Krystina

If you only trade by appointment then you should not put any hours in at all. You'll need to make it clear on your website that you operate by appointment only.

Unfortunately there's no other way at the moment for indicating this.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Opening times

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Some of my clients are photographers, and several others are dog trainers - and they have identical issues. In fact, a dog trainer lost his GMB listing temporarily over this semantic issue due to a rather harsh interpretation by Google. And of course it's rather irritating when you think about it - many fine restaurants may be open 4pm to 11pm but unless you have a reservation you aren't eating. Hair stylists, personal chefs, electricians - just about any skilled craftsperson is in an identical situation. My kids go to an after school training center that "is open" for classes but you can't just walk in and start participating - you need to register, and if no slots or open you go learn martial arts somewhere else. My air conditioner guy is open 6 AM to 10 PM right now - but he is also booked solid, so it's silly to expect his "being open" as meaning he can check my A/C in the next 15 minutes.

I recommend my clients in your situation list as their "open hours" the hours that they accept appointments. I've found "Accepting appointments 9AM - 4PM -- no walk-ins" in text while also posting "Hours:9AM-4PM" for GMB usually makes it obvious to clients what the rules are without tripping up on GMB rules slanted towards retail sales operations.