My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Online Business > how to get listed in Google Places, is it possible?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum, answered by Community User Treebles.

Is it possible to get listed in Google Places without showing our Business Address? Because we are just selling via online and worldwide target market. Please help.

Answer: I am afraid that online only businesses do not qualify for a business listing on Google My Business. Businesses must provide services and/or goods to customers in person to qualify for a Local business listing.

To add to the above: Google does allow service-area businesses--business that serve customers at their locations--should have one page for the central office or location and designate a service area from that point. If you wish to display your complete business address while setting your service area(s), your business location should be staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours. Google will determine how best to display your business address based on your business information as well as information from other sources. Learn more about service-area businesses.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Online Business > how to get listed in Google Places, is it pos

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter