My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Ongoing set up problems (acct disabled, suspended, under review)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been trying to set up my business so it is searchable under google/google maps for over a month now and still am having many problems.

Starting from the beginning I made an account "Olympic Heating & Air" and requested a verification postcard be sent. Not wanting to wait, I created a 2nd acct "Olympic Heating AND Air" and tried to add a meta tag to my website for instant verification, but this didn't work. Soon I ended up with several accounts and then several verification postcards.

Finally I was able to delete the duplicate accts and successfully verify my business, but I'm still getting an error message on my google business site

https://business.google.com/b/117389236521498373377/dashboard/l/03453038246956780265?service=gmbl&c=...

The status currently says "disabled" and I've sent requests to the moderators explaining my situation but have not heard from them. 

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/117389236521498373377/117389236521498373377/about

Google+ says page is disabled and will not appear on Google. Again I contacted support

On google maps, when I search for "Olympic Heating and Air, 1540 Wellington Street, Oakland, CA" it either cannot find me or brings me to another business close by called "Atlas Heating & Air". I've called your support number and the reps I spoke with assured me that things will be ok in a few days, but nothing has ever happened.

Don't know what else to do. I am a legitimate business with a business license and can be found online every except for google. Please help

Capture.JPGCapture123.JPGwrong business when searching for Olympic Heating & Air

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Ongoing set up problems (acct disabled, suspended, under review)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Anson W

we got an advice from our CM of the forum.

She recommended   that the best thing to do would be to have you go through the reinstatement request found here: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?hl=en

Please give it a try

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Anson W

I did some research about your issue and found a strange addressing issue.

Try searching for your address "1540 Wellington St, Oakland, California" with MapMaker.

You will not get (as you shoud a plain address marker but will get this result "Olympic Heating & Air, 1540 Wellington St, Oakland, California 94602, United States"

or linked in here: http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x808f87a79578c73d:0x55f29e928efe7be2

This is definitively an error as any address nearby like "1550 Wellington St, Oakland, California 94602, United States" or "1530 Wellington St, Oakland, California 94602, United States' will pop up properly with just the searched address.

I now have no idea why in MapMaker your business name is already part of the address specification.

But it should not and should be corrected.

My advice is to apply two steps:

at first try to get the addres specification in MapMaker changed to just the plain street address ("1540 Wellington St, Oakland, California 94602)

If this is achieved I would delete all existent pages from your dashboard about that address and start from scratch.

I btw will escalated this thread to my fellows TCs asking them about their opinion to my advice.

And I also hope there is at least one of them as a regional led for the USA able to correct the bad addres specification in MapMaker

Please wait until any other TC confirmed my advice.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hey Helmut,

You are right - that MapMaker listing was definitely done wrong. I just fixed it and a user was the one to modify it 2 days ago (Jan 24) to add this business' name to the suite # line. I have no idea how it got approved but it definitely shouldn't have. I would say this along with the other items this user has done are probably getting them flagged for suspicious activity.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Anson W

we got an advice from our CM of the forum.

She recommended   that the best thing to do would be to have you go through the reinstatement request found here: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?hl=en

Please give it a try