My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

One of my invitees (non Gmail user) not receiving invitation from me (Gmail user)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

My company uses Google system to run the day to day business activities, including sending emails, meeting invitations, etc.

I  send a lot of meeting invitations to our various business partners (mostly non Gmail users). Unfortunately one of them (non Gmail user) has had some issue with receiving it. I tried several times to remove him from the invitation list and added him back again, but it didn't work. I can see that he is on the invitation list and but he never actually received the invitation. It's pretty bad that he missed some important meetings because of this technical issue. 

Can somebody please help? It will be much appreciated.  

Nany     

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One of my invitees (non Gmail user) not receiving invitation from me (Gmail user)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nany K

some users reported a working "workaround"

(referring to see this new thread of a user 

@Aldert B )

supposed your invitee owns already a Google account based on his non-gmail address (s)he should go to https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts and over there (on top) to the  "pending invitations"

Would be nice you can confirm it works in your case too

One of my invitees (non Gmail user) not receiving invitation from me (Gmail user)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response @Helmut Geissler.

The workaround didn't work in my case, unfortunately. 

The invitee uses Microsoft Outlook and I'd like to confirm that his email account and calendar system is not based on Google. My organization uses the Google-based system. 

Is there any other solution I can try? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm @Nany K

as said you can invite only users having an Google account (an account to access their GMB dashboard

This is the condition "Sine qua non" .

Note: such a account to access their GMB dashboard doesn't require to have a GMail based Google account 

But it MUST be an Google Account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

Through the Google Calendar I manage to invite people who mostly use Microsoft Outlook (thus not based on the Google Account). I do this regularly for a couple of meetings per week. But there is this one person (using Microsoft Outlook) who could not receive any invitation from me.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks for your support.

Nany   

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

it's not necassary to have a gmail based Google account.

But your invitees need to createa GoogleMyBusiness Dahboard based on their non GMail email address at first in order to receive invitations from GoogleMyBusiness