My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

One location, multiple doctors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client (plastic surgeon) who has a practice with multiple doctors. They currently have a google my business account for their brand and location, but they also have google+ for each doctor at that one location—and each doctor is saved as a location. Since it's the same address, doesn't that mean Google is being told several different names for the business? Should they, instead of being saved as locations, simply be stand alone google+ pages? Thanks in advance for your help. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: One location, multiple doctors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Michael M

how to handle doctors of a practice is described in here:

Guidelines for representing your business on Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Helmut. I have a specific question about that explanation, though. Should the solo practitioners be created as businesses? Or should they be created as normal people, and the only business be the brick and mortar location?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
They should be created as local business pages with the practitioner name being the business name of the page.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky