My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

One location, multiple doctors, different medical fields (family physician, chiropractor)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I have a unique situation where I"m helping a new medical practice set up their Google+ page(s). However, instead of just being a family physician practice with a few doctors, they have both physicians (Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)) - and Chiropractors (DC) working together.

As such, they want to be listed as both a chiropractor and family physician. How would you recommend setting this up, as it's a lot different than simply having one business with multiple public-facing professionals. It's more like 2 businesses in one.

1 Expert replyverified_user

One location, multiple doctors, different medical fields (family physician, chiropractor)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google's guidelines are clear on this matter. Departments with a single business are only eligible for their own listing if they have a separate phone number that is answered differently and preferably have their own entrance. Yours does not seem to qualify in that regard. 

I would set it up as a single business and then be sure that each of the Practitioner profiles reflect whether they are DOs or DCs as well as any other specialty. Ideally if there are more than several they would have their own inbound phone line. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mike,

Thanks for the answer! I will recommend that they set up a separate inbound phone line for each department. 

Assuming they are good with that, do you typically have a different page for each department that you use to set up the different Google listings, or do you direct them each to the homepage of the website?

Thanks again!