My Business
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

One doctor (practioner) at multiple clinics -- separate GMB pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

What is the best practice is for doctors that work out of multiple clinic locations regularly?

This is a different scenario from a clinic with multiple practitioners. It's pretty much the reverse. 

Can I make a unique local page for each clinic, with practioner's name? eg: Jane Doe, MD - Healthwish Clinic,  as well as Jane Doe, MD - Deathrows Clinic

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One doctor (practioner) at multiple clinics -- separate GMB pages?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Reagan A,

So, Is the doctor the only practitioner at each location?

If so, the doctor is the only practitioner at each location, you should set up individual listings at each location following these guidelines (excerpt below). 

Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)

Also be sure to follow the naming best practice of using the actual brand/company name not the area of the location as outlined below.

Location information, such as neighborhood, city, or street name, unless it is part of the real-world representation of the business. Your name must not include street address or direction information.

• Not acceptable: "Starbucks Downtown", "Macy’s Union Square", "Holiday Inn (I-93 at Exit 2)", "U.S. Bank ATM - 7th & Pike - Parking Garage Lobby near Elevator"
  • Acceptable: "Starbucks", "Macy’s", "Holiday Inn Salem", "U.S. Bank ATM", "University of California Berkeley"

If NOT, then follow:

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

Best regards,

Meghan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reagan A
May 2016

Re: One doctor (practioner) at multiple clinics -- separate GMB pages?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
They can have a listing for each practice they practice at. However, they need to be available at that location during the stated business hours that listed on the page.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky