My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

One business, two addresses (one is the back door). Need advice on how to proceed!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone!

I just opened a business less than a month ago and and waiting for Google mail to verify it in it's correct address (this is it).

However, I just saw that someone marked my business in another address - which is also mine and the same building, but is the back door, which is only used for service (taking out the trash, etc.). This address is on a different street, although this is the same property (you can walk in though one door and walk out the other on the next street).

To top it off, the "back door business" is full of incorrect information, from the name to the activity.

I thought about claiming the second location but that will create a Google+ page for it.

How should I proceed? I'd like to delete the back-door location entirely and not create a second location for my business (it isn't).

Thanks for any advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One business, two addresses (one is the back door). Need advice on how to proceed!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
where do you see for the "malha" that "someone marked my business in another address"

Can you please elaborate this point? -

Re: One business, two addresses (one is the back door). Need advice on how to proceed!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut! Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear.
I have ONE business, called Malha. This business is located in ONE property with TWO entrances (one of which is the back-door and will not be used by the general public or advertised, ever). This back door has a different address than the front door, as it is on another street (still the same building, same property, same business).

I have created the location for my business on the front-door address, which is also the only way anyone can get in. This is the link to the place I created on Maps (I am waiting for Google mail to verify it to start using the page): https://www.google.com.br/maps/place/Malha/@-22.8938256,-43.2229732,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x99....

Someone other than me, however, created a location for my business using the wrong name and information on my back-door address. So now I have TWO locations for my business on Google, when in reality I only have ONE space.
This is the Maps entry for my back-door address: https://www.google.com.br/maps/place/Malha+Cowork+%26+Cosewing/@-22.8932678,-43.2231392,17z/data=!4m...

My question is wether there is a way to either:
- delete the back-door location entirely
- claim the back-door location but NOT have a separate Google Page for it (I just want to make sure that no one thinks we're in two different places).

Does that make a little more sense?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
sure makes it more sense - nevertheless I still have a question:

your above two links are both about unverifed listings.
for which of both addresses are you creating a listing (awaiting the requested PIN)
Please understand: its hard for me to know which of both unverified listing are for the front door and which is for the back door.
And did you created the listing "claiming einter of the two unverified listing or just ahving created it through https://business.google.com/create