My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Old reviews showing up on new business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Matt Bowers bought Levis Chevrolet Cadillac in July 2016, changing the name to Matt Bowers Chevrolet Cadillac. We claimed the business listing and Levis is not showing up on the map.  

All of the sudden old Levis Chevrolet reviews (negative) are showing up for Matt Bowers Chevrolet.  These are reviews from years ago.  

We do not have, nor cannot get, login information from Levis.  

I read several of the other postings here, one mentioning how to "take ownership of a business page". 

I walked thru the process at  www.google.com/business

Seven steps to claiming ownership of an already verified Google business listing

It had me enter the name and address of the previous owner, Levis Chevrolet, then asked if I wanted to "Continue to create a Google+ page for this business"    

I do not want to "create a page".  I want to wipe Levis Chevrolet information off Google.   What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andy

Can you provide screenshots of these negative reviews that have started showing up, along with some evidence that they do not belong to your business? This will help in getting the matter resolved.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Old reviews showing up on Matt Bowers Chevrolet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your email today ask for evidence of old reviews
see attached

Matt Bowers bought Levis Chevrolet in July 2016
any reviews older than that are from Levis, in Levis had terrible customer service.

[cid:8B29B8AC-4CB5-482E-9DE9-B08CACB0A24D]

[cid:245CC950-3D11-4E01-80B6-85226F900F98]

[cid:1AC678D3-8109-4545-81C0-9BECB21F9825]

[cid:D2323C31-C977-494E-A77E-180489A1F129]

[cid:B9DF366F-3FE9-4F07-BF71-56B309F547F7]

[cid:912F3D9E-9877-4C70-BB41-9965B220BB20]

Andy Jackson
713-724-4480 cell
Sent from my mobile device.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Andy

unfortunately the screenshots did not make it through - you need to use the actual desktop site to upload them, they don't work if you use email sadly.

Would you mind uploading them again?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog