My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Old closed Google+ location showing in search results instead of new location.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have an old Google+ page which has my old business address, I have created a new Google+ page with the new location address (as it's in a different country) however when I do a search for my business on google it always brings up the old page and not the new one, I have tried closing and deleting the page, but this does not work because it doesn't actually remove the page from Google, it still shows up when I search for my business, only now the Google Plus Page shows that the business is closed, which is not helpful whatsoever! How can I completely remove this page from google? Or at best just unlink from my website so that the new page shows instead of the old one??? Also now that the old page has been closed (but not actually deleted, as Googles doesnt seem to do this) I can't reverify my ownership of the page because I am no longer at the address of the old page and can not edit it's content. At the moment it seems as though I can not do anything about it. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Old closed Google+ location showing in search results instead of new location.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nick

It is not possible to delete closed businesses from Google - but the likelihood of them showing up for business searches should decrease over time, as Google realises that the closed listing is not delivering value to users.

This will take time though and you will need to make sure that your new location is more visible and trustworthy to Google - some ways to do this include making sure your citations (directory listings) have your new business details; that your website has been properly updated with the new details and that you're using local schema to mark up your business details.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog