My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Old business showing up on google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. It has been suggested that I post on here for help.

We have set up our new business on Google. Trouble is that another business used to use our postal address as one of its offices. They no longer trade from here but still trade elsewhere. When you search under Google the old business shows up and directs you to their website. Ours also shows but second to them. As they are in the same profession as us they are potentially taking our business. I cant ask them to change their settings so wondered whether there was any way of getting their listing for our postal address removed?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks, Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Old business showing up on google search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hope someone can help.

Don't think we can help unless getting links or screen captures  to understand &  investigate your issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut

This is the link for the search page https://www.google.co.uk/#q=dorset+property+surveys (I tried to do a screen shot but couldn't work out how to insert it into this response!!)

If you scroll down to the entries below the map you get Dorset Property Surveys at Rumbles, West Street (which is correct) Dorset Land Surveying at 419 Wimborne Road East (which we have no issue with) and then Wessex Surveyors at Rumbles, West Street. It is the Wessex Surveyors one that we have an issue with. They used to operate from this address but no longer do, although they are still in business. If you go to their website www.wessexsurveyors.co.uk you will see that they no longer cite the Rumbles, West Street, Bere Regis as one of their offices.

Is that what you need to be able to look into changing it for me?

Thanks
Sam

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Sam M

using your searching link I get this

:Screenshot 2016-01-07 at 14.04.56.png

and clicking then the link "more places I get this:

Screenshot 2016-01-07 at 14.05.44.png

Please try elaborating your issue based on my two screencaptures

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On the second screenshot Wessex Surveyors (4th entry down) is showing as trading from Rumbles West Street Bere Regis. This entry needs to be removed as they don't trade from that address any more. It cannot be changed to closed as Wessex Surveyors does still exist but just not from the Bere Regis address.
Harry Fabel has been trying to help me as well and is getting things changed on Google maps - although he says they are currently considering the application to change and this could take weeks. Does this affect what you are trying to do for me?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ok
so you refer to this GoogleSearch Result - do you?

If so:

I recommend to click at right side the link "suggest an edit" and then to answer the query

"Is this place permanently closed, moved or does not exist?"

Good luck