My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Old address appearing on google searches, cannot remove (because didn't verify until after we moved)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I'm assuming Helmut will answer this question! Hi Helmut!

Three months ago, our organization moved from 33 Sothearos to 30 Norodom. When someone searches my organization on google "EuroCham Cambodia", it is showing our previous address despite me marking it as closed many times. (I always see "your suggestion is being reviewed"). I believe I cannot make any changes to it unless I verify the business. I'm not sure how to do this if it is closed.

Correct info:

EuroCham Cambodia (European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia)

30 Preah Norodom Blvd

3rd floor Bred Bank building  (this line is optional)

Phnom Penh, Cambodia 

(zip codes are not generally used here)

Telephone: +855 023 964 141

eurocham-cambodia.org

Incorrect google maps address:

https://www.google.com.kh/maps/place/EuroCham+Cambodia/@11.5667849,104.9307472,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0...

Correct google maps address:

https://www.google.com.kh/maps/place/EuroCham+Cambodia/@11.568187,104.9225673,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!...

Thanks Helmut, here is a screenshot of my main page when I log into GMB!

asdfdsf.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony M
May 2017

Old address appearing on google searches, cannot remove (because didn't verify until after we moved)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@anthony m

any listing marked as permantly closed will not appear on any search unless you search for its name at the old address. And even then it appeares as closed.

But as already said.

You can contact business support asking them to redirect any search result to the old address redirecting to the new address.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@anthony m

Never "address" a user or TC here without tagging him (as oyu didn't with me.

I saw & read your thread by chance only

Regarding the matter:

Since the listin for the old address is unverified you can try this procedure:

how-to-verify-a-google-business-listing-at-an-old-address/

http://onlineownership.com/how-to-verify-a-google-business-listing-at-an-old-address/

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Old address appearing on google searches, cannot remove (because didn't verify until after we mo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Helmut Geissler! However there is a problem. The site lists these steps:

• Select >> Own this Business or Claim this Business
  • Select >> I am authorized to represent this business
  • Continue
  • DO NOT select to verify
  • Select >> Small blue Verify Later link
  • Business account details will open
  • Select >> Info Section
  • Correct Address and any other details
  • You can now select to be Verify the business listing

Upon clicking "I am authorized" and then "continue", I am presented with the following screen (where there is no option for "Verify later"). 

Capture.PNG

Any further information?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

two more remarks to @anthony m

1# if I do the steps as quoted by you I don't get the "account confirmation screen" as per your last screen grab and this likely is while you are going to create a new business listing in your account and Google require to get verified you are not a bot.

Under certain cirumstances I have gotten this request also if creating a  new listing in my GoogleMyBusiness- Dashboard.

And I then just do this as requested: entering a phone number getting an account confirmation code & entering it in order to continue.

It's just as GMB SOMETIMES works. Don't worry about this hurdle

2#   beside of this special confirmation hurdle and supposed you wouldn't experience it as with your last screen grab you nevertheless will likey fail to apply the steps as per the article "http://onlineownership.com/how-to-verify-a-google-business-listing-at-an-old-address/".

Why:  the main point (and I wasn't aware this fact earlier in this  thread) is this:

While the listing for your old address is uverified its different  for the new address!

This will prevent oyu from verifying the old listing in order to verify it for the new address.

(you will understand the fact it's not possible to have two verifies listings for the same [new] address)

3# Having said all this: I believe now you have to achieve other steps:

3.1# who is the actual owner of the listing at the new address

(The verified listing https://goo.gl/maps/sBmHQVxncax )

and why aren't you this?

3.2 # if not yet the owner of the verified listing at new address you need to request the ownership about it.

3.3 # once you are the owner of the verified listing at the new address you should report the listing at the old address as closed and to ask business support to redirect all search results for it to the new verified listing.

Re: Old address appearing on google searches, cannot remove (because didn't verify until after we mo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Helmut Geissler,

Now in my GMB Dashboard I see two more listings for EuroCham, bringing the total to 5.   One of these listings is current and correct (#30) and I am the verified owner of it, while the other four are old (#33). Also note that two of the old listings appear to be verified and two of the listings appear to be unverified.  Either way, I went into each of them and marked all as permanently closed (the process was slightly different for the unverified listings).

Capture.PNG

My primary concern is that when people search for the organization, they are still seeing our old office location: 

2.PNG

Does it just take some time to update the main search listing, once I have marked these four locations as closed? thank you!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anthony M
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@anthony m

any listing marked as permantly closed will not appear on any search unless you search for its name at the old address. And even then it appeares as closed.

But as already said.

You can contact business support asking them to redirect any search result to the old address redirecting to the new address.