My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Old Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I recently started to a new company and was asked to see if I could fix the google account.

What had happened is the account is showing up to addresses; one old location and one new.

I deleted/removed the old location but when I search google it still appears.

Is there a waiting period or anything that I'm not aware of for this kind of thing?

Also our virtual tour for the company says that it's still being reviewed, how would one check the status on that?

Thanks so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
May 2016

Re: Old Locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Doug S

Regarding your virtual tour, you'll need to speak to the Google Trusted Photographer that put it together for you, to find out why it is still awaiting review.

For the other question, deleting an old location from your dashboard won't delete it from the Google local database, all it does is remove your ability to manage the page.

I'm assuming the business is no longer operating at that location? If so, then you should mark it as permanently closed by:

1. Searching for the business on Maps

2. Selecting 'Suggest an edit'

3. Click on the 'No' button next to 'Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist'

4. Select the reason why the place is closed.

For a while the location will still show up, with a red banner indicating the business is closed at that location, but as Google builds trust in your new location that should eventually stop happening.

Make sure any online business directories are updated with your new location as well - that will help Google build trust sooner.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog