AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Old Business Address Still Showing in Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We recently moved to a new location from 1599 Hurrontario Street, Mississauga ON Canada to 3075 Ridgeway Drive Unit 31 ON Canada. We claimed the old page since we had a new marketing guy and he verified the listing using Google today.

However, when we type in our business name the old address still shows up. When will the change take place. In the backend in our Google My Business we have the new address and everything is verified.

Please let us know if we need to implement any additional step.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Old Business Address Still Showing in Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is an ongoing issue that has been escalated to Google employees. no idea when it will get fixed.
Could you please provide the business name.
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is an ongoing issue that has been escalated to Google employees. no idea when it will get fixed.
Could you please provide the business name.
Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! Pease HELP me!! So.. My company included in Google maps by some years, but in time has changed several addresses. Now I want to update my address but I have no idea who and from which account was made it at first time. I just want to remove/delete the company from this wrong address and make a new object with new address, but there is no option by Google to remove/delete it!
Thanks a lot! :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
McCann and Roque Chartered Accountants

The Address That's Showing Up: 1599 Hurrontario Street

The Address That Should Show Up: 3075 Ridgeway.....

However, when you type "McCann and Roque 3075 Ridgeway" as a search query on Google then the new place comes up.

Is there any way to report to Google to make the changes or something. Because it's also showing up our old phone numbers.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @neo v

Can you start a new thread please with your business name and the address that is listed on Google Maps, as well as your current business address.

Thanks.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It does not help that the former business location has not been flagged as permanently closed yet.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/McCann+%26+Roque+Chartered+Accountants/@43.5671497,-79.5993859,17z...
Since you have a verified business listing for the new location you could contact My Business support to ask them to flag it as closed for you.

You can contact Local business support by pressing the Contact Us link at the top of the Business help center
https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639
You can request a call back from the support team if you contact them during regular business hours.
Monday - Friday, 1 AM - 5 PM PST

Still, it would not solve the problem immediately unless the support team has a way to fix it now and the old location may continue showing, now with the permanently closed message that can be confusing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what's the solution for our business then. Waited for a week to see if crawlers updated our listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, we have the same issue with our listing - are you able to help us with ours as well?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hey @Ridgestone H

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I wil bock this very old thread now for new replies