My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Old Address and Decription Still Showing on Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all - My Google Search is not reflecting my Google Business account information. It was updated months ago and I just realized this. Specifically, the address and the description. 

https://www.google.com/#q=vue+on+30a 

Where is this information being pulled from? How do I fix? I've been trying to figure out for a couple of hours now!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Old Address and Decription Still Showing on Google Search

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sarah,
Have you claimed your business? If not, you'll want to follow these instructions to claim and verify your business https://support.google.com/business/answer/6150645?hl=en

Once you've done that, You'll have access to update what is shown in the search results.

Once you've corrected your Google listing, you may want to run through any other sites with your Name Address, and phone number listed and make sure the correct info is listed everywhere.

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Your search query shows me a result based on the verified G+ page plus.google.com/118254287698118061883

As you missed providing information about what you consider as wrong or outdated on
https://www.google.com/#q=vue+on+30a aka plus.google.com/118254287698118061883
compared to what you specified in your Google Business account I can't much help you.

So you should elaborate the differences between the content in your Google Business account and what you get on https://www.google.com/#q=vue+on+30a aka plus.google.com/118254287698118061883

btw since plus.google.com/118254287698118061883 is already a verified page I don't believe there is an option to claim it as Krystina Lisi recommended.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Helmut,
I've had a many situations where the person who created and verified the page was not responding. After attempting all "forgot my password" steps, I contact customer support. They can't transfer ownership of the verified page until there is a proven attempt to claim the page under my email address.

Verified Listing Screen Shot.jpg

Once the current owner does not reply for 7 days, If you reach out to support and let them know that your requests have gone unanswered, they will un-verify the page and allow you to claim it while you're on the phone with them. This is why you lose all of your page content.

By going through the claiming process, you're showing proof that you are attempting to reach out to the owner of the page and they are not granting access. You still have to do a postcard verification after the page is unclaimed.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Krystina

I know very well the procedure to get the ownership transferred for a business not having the control over it yet.
But we don't have any proof from Sarah about what information she is talking about and showing other content as she is managing in her Google Business account information!!!

It does't make much sense to recommend her to get the G+ business page (as I provided above) "claimed" or transferred to her Google Business account where there is actually already a page.

I think Sarah needs to explain at first what page she is managing in her Google Business account.