My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Notified Of Review But Can't See It

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I received an email from Google stating that a client had left a review that was not yet approved. I clicked the Read Review link but it didn't turn up in the list of reviews in my Google My Business - Reviews Dashboard. I can confirm that it was left by a legitimate customer and only the excerpt was included in the email.. so I can't see if anything about it did not meet Google's policies.

Where should I go to locate it? If it was declined, is there a way I can request, through the Dashboard, for the client to edit it?

1. Full business name : TheMalaysian.com 
2. Current business address : Level 23, One Mont Kiara, No 1, Jalan Kiara Mont Kiara, Mid Valley City, 50480 Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
3. Current telephone number : 60378747005
4. Google+ URL : https://plus.google.com/b/104413205572493420869/104413205572493420869/about

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Notified Of Review But Can't See It

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If a review was filtered by Google there is no way to contact the original reviewer through the dashboard.

Google removes reviews for a number of reasons including if they are created using the same wifi as the business, if they include a URL link, if the user has been known to have abused the review system previously as well as a many others.

While you can reach out to the user privately, it is likely to make more sense just to ask other customers to review you. Be sure that they review you via their cell connection or offsite.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's the thing. I have no idea whether it was filtered or if something
else happened.

Does Google notify the owner/reviewer or mention something when a review
is not approved or removed?

The review was left by a customer from their own office & account & is
connection.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Most missing reviews are filtered. If it was due to some sort of algorithmically based brain fart it will show up in a week or so, although it is very unlikely.

My experience dictates that its been filtered and that it is not worth spending time on as the time would be better spent asking for additional reviews.