My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Not sure how to move forward with google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an online toy store (www.kidsology.co.za) and am doing my best to grow the business organically because we are a lean startup and funding is non existent. To this point we have managed to build a store through Shopify, run a few FB ads but the orders from these ads are less than what the ads cost to run, I need a presence on google to generate organic growth and my problem is that I have tried everything, keep in mind that i am not technical at all when it comes to this stuff but i've tried.

1. I have registered my business on google my business and gotten it verified

2. I have setup analytics and linked it to my store

3. I have setup an adwords express account and run an ad but not had 1 action

4. I have set up merchant centre and uploaded products

5. I am on google search console and have followed their suggestions religiously

6. i am present on all the social media platforms

But yet i when i do a site crawl, I have no presence on google and nobody to ask advice from, because everyone that is able to help is willing to help but at a ridiculous price and as i mentioned i am a startup. I just need to know what i need to do, at this point i have put a lot into Kidsology already and have monthly expenses that i would be happy just covering at this point but we are not making any money, currently i am getting an average of 2 visitors to my store a day (if I am lucky) and i'm not sure how long i can carry on like this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you tried google display ads with adwords? it will help you to get some traffic and lead generation also. 

Contact Google adwords support team, 0801-111454* they will help you set up campaign 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Swara

Yes i have, and it brought 0 orders. i am trying to improve my SEO's so that i can grow organically without spending money for orders, don't get me wrong i believe marketing is huge for businesses, but i can't afford the cost for the amount of marketing i need hence i am trying to do things myself but seen to be way off the mark.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

the main point to mention for @Justin V is:

Since you are an online shop you are not eligible for a GoogleMyBusiness listing. But this is the GoogleMyBusiness help forum. 

So we are not the experts for  how to improve your SEO ranking and traffic for your online presence of  (www.kidsology.co.za