6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Not showing up in local search at all but listing shows up when searching by name?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all, I am the owner of:

Lock Buster Locksmith

1570 Pinebreeze Dr, Marietta, GA 30062 (Hidden address/Service area business)

(678) 348-0651

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lock+Buster+Locksmith/@33.9909084,-84.7938559,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

www.lockbuster.biz

I am at a loss as to why my business suddenly vanished from local search results but still shows up when searching by specific name. This has caused my phone to halt ringing thus causing a lot of worries as this is my bread and butter and how I support my children and I. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely.

Not showing up in local search at all but listing shows up when searching by name?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tuesday has been a bad day for many Businesses. Lots of listings which were showing up for search terms went away. Only way to find them as been by searching the exact company name, OR going to the maps tab after searching the target keyword. 8/8 Tuesday this problem started.

GMB is alive and well - no issues at all. Just doesn't show up in the 3 Pack, or even when you click on "more places"

Re: Not showing up in local search at all but listing shows up when searching by name?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
To make things more confusing, if you Google locksmith and my zip code I'm there but if you do locksmith and name of city I'm not there. This has caused my phone to stop ringing entirely. Any clue?

Sent from my iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm facing the same issue. When searching in google, I don't show up at all in the map section, no one show up but listings with a storefront! However, when I search through googlr maps I come up 2nd! Little weird and definitely killing my business! Hopefully it's a glitch or something in the system 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue. follow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found a temp fix - if you're service based and click "I also service customers at my location" the listing comes back. Obviously this will not work long term but I'm thinking this is a glitch. Anyone willing to call google and let them know of this glitch cause no one seems to be reading this thread or the other threads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've been considering doing just that however I need to get signage before I make the switch, google may require proof this is legitimate. Though it's a home address I can easily cut keys out of here if needed.

Re: Not showing up in local search at all but listing shows up when searching by name?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just do it temporarily I think it's just a glitch - just let google know about it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did that on the 8th but I got an email that the listing will be suspended if don't hide the address since there is not storefront. 

And with locksmith especially you don't want to risk getting it suspended 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes it might be risky - this is for the risk takers until google fixes the issue. Please inform them of the issue so it gets fixed for everyone