My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Not showing on google maps Part 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I posted this same issue awhile ago but never heard back from the man who was going too help me. 

My name is Chris and I have been verified for sometime now but when I search for screen printer, screen printing, or screen printer new orleans I don't see my company on google maps. I can google the name of my company CP Facade and it shows up with my google reviews and all.

1409 Clouet St, New Orleans, La is the address. Can someone help me out?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Chris, I have analyzed your site, and there are several issues that you should fix if you want to rank better. 

The first issue you can address is the title tag of your website: 

<title>CP Facade - Home</title> you should add your main keywords to the title of the site that you want to be found for. The title should be 50-60 characters including spaces. 

For example one of your competitors that is ranking well: froistshirts.com uses the following title

<title>New Orleans Shirt Printing | Custom T-Shirt Screen Printing</title>.

The title tag is a very important element that google looks at when ranking websites.

You should also change your meta description tag which is currently:

<meta name="Description" content="I enjoy designing all kinds of things, come and take a look. " />

You should add more keywords to the description tag pertaining to your products and services. Make sure you dont just add hundreds of keywords since it will be marked as spam, so keep both the search engines and your end users in mind. You should read google's guidelines and make sure you follow what google says: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en

For example here is a description tag of one of your competitors which does a pretty good job using some of the main keywords screen printing and shirt printing:

<meta name="Description" content="With over 30 years experience, Froi's Screen Printing offers high-quality shirt printing services for clients nationwide.">

Finally you should add more text to your website which talks about your screen printing services as well as other keywords you want to rank for. If you want to see how your website looks to google visit this link: 

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.cpfacade.com/&num=1&strip=1&vwsrc=0

Google likes high quality content so if you want to improve your rankings you will have to write more high quality content. 

Also add alt tags (which you currently don't use) to your images with keywords explaining the image and your service. You cal learn more about Google's image publishing guidelines here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/114016?hl=en

By doing the above changes, you should improve your rankings significantly. 

Please let me know if it works out for you and if you have any other questions.

Cheers

Darko 

Re: Not showing on google maps Part 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Darko

I really appreciate you getting back to me and I will definitely look into the things you've suggested.  I was pretty sure I used alt tags for my images

but i'll check again. 

That aside..do you really think that is the reason I do not show up at all on the google maps. I can understand if I was way at the bottom but they have companies with even worst SEO that seems to still show up all the time.

Thanks,

Chris

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@chris p

My insights on oyur issue are different compared to @Darko D

I have two remarks:

1# the large service area (we now from experience any SAB larger then 30 -35 miles is of no advantage

2# I'm guessing you are affected by "possum":

See this post from fellow TC Joy Hawkins: Everything you need to know about Google’s ‘Possum’ algorithm update

Re: Not showing on google maps Part 2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler That is a very interesting article. That may definitely have something to do with it.