My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Not receiving email notifications for new reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We are only receiving email notifications for reviews on the pages we created under our Google My Business account. In the past, we outsourced our digital work, and the agency who created the 90+ locations in our account would receive these notifications. We have since transferred ownership of all the pages, but still don't receive any review notifications even though our email is listed. 

We have 100 locations. I'm unsure of what information to provide for review. Should I give one of the pages' URLs for sample? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not receiving email notifications for new reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Belle T

The original account is the account that receives email notifications of a new review.

Sometimes it also ends up in the Social section, so also check these.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. Even if ownership is transferred over and the notification email is changed in the settings, would we still not receive anything? (We are trying to hunt down the original creator of our google pages currently.) 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Belle T

In that instance, I believe you would receive email notifications.

However review emails are pretty hit and miss at the moment, with reports of not arriving to arriving 4 yrs late.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yikes. Well, I'll do a mini-audit on our email notifications as well as look into better platforms to manage our reviews. Thanks so much for your reply. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper

Is this still the case? I am currently missing email notifications for Google reviews.

Anna

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Anna S

Yup, email notifications are hit and miss.

They do however display in the Bell notification when you check either account page or G+ account page.