My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Not receiving email notifications for new reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there - hope you can help.

I'd rather not post my client's page publically if that's OK. I work for an agency that runs Google My Business listings for a multi-location opticians. 

We've noticed that we're not getting notifications of new reviews from GMB for any of our 34 listings. Do you know why neither of the two Gmail accounts are getting notifications (one is a manager and one an owner)? I have checked that the box is ticked within GMB settings to receive review notifications. I have tried to get this resolved via @GoogleMyBiz on Twitter with no joy.

Many thanks in advance,  

Jon.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jon

Are the gmail address the Primary Owner?  At this stage only primary owners receive notifications of reviews.

If the listings are set up correctly, the business owner would likely be the ones getting the notifications.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Margaret, 

Thanks for the info - I can confirm that one of the Gmail accounts is the primary owner and that they are not receiving these notifications. Is there any other reason for this issue?

Many thanks,

Jon. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jon

Not that i'm aware of.  Will ask Google and let you know.  

Can you give me the email address?  It'll make tracking this down easier.

If you don't want to post here, you can use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScab-dFFGRhWPhz3YVjq9yk270A9PsTr4YIQ9uTkeowOemXnQ/viewform

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Margaret - thanks for this. 

We have since received one review notification so we will put this on hold for the time being. I will use the form if we recognise more issues.

Many thanks,

Jon. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Margaret,

I can confirm that we are still having problems - I have sent you some more information via the form link.

Many thanks,

Jon. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @J__B

Whoops - just saw the details you provided.  the view I was using chopped off that info.  Escalating to Google now.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Margaret, 

I just wondered if you've heard anything back from Google on this?

Many thanks,

Jon.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @J__B

"In Progress" - so that means someone is looking at it, just no answer yet.  Will let you know when I do, but if it's another couple of weeks feel free to tag me again.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Jon

Turns out the listings have been bulk verified, and bulk verified listings don't receive review notifications.

If you had thousands of locations, the notifications could get crazy, is the thinking.

Your wanting to see those notifications has been shared with the team.

Find me on · · my blog