My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Not listed for all we offer with google searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company Thrifty Adventures is not showing up for searches on all we offer. Thrifty Adventures phone number is (704) 723-2235 website is www.thriftyadventuresnc.com address is 12255 HWY 226A, Spruce Pine NC 28777. We show up for rock climbing instructor but we also offer whitewater and river tubing as well as guided hikes, youth and scouting programs. I am most concerned that we do not show up for river tubing and whitewater. Can someone please help us with this as our season ends in two months.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Are you asking about search results and how and when the Google My Business page shows up or are you asking about general search results?

Some good information is available in the articles section and this one will give you a place to check if you have done everything. Reading the posts by the top contributors will also help. Some have very well respected blogs and websites that cover facets of the topic.  There is no magic fast bullet to change the results but steady continuous work will move the results.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search in google for other things we offer like river tubing in nc or whitewater in nc we do not show up in the google search 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

So to be clear not just the Google My Business page but the search results in general? It did a quick search of the site for the term "river tubing in NC" and there is not content directly related to that term. You have a great amount of content on the site but maybe develop a page with title and page content around that term and optimized for it.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I put "river tubing nc" in the google search bar or "whitewater NC" places around us that offer those services show up....we do not....when you google "whitewater rafting in NC" we do not show up....if you google "rock climbing instruction NC" we do show up. I am trying to get where we show up for all we offer in google searches.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christy T
July

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

In order to come up in the search for those terms, you need to have content that is relevant and unique to those terms on your site. So to diagnose the problem I would take those terms list who beats you in the search results and see what is on their sites relevant to those terms then produce better content relevant to those terms. Google maps results is the end result of the other activities and all the signals it sees relevant to that term. 

Searching for "whitewater NC"

brings up results that includes https://nantahalarafting.com/ and the page title is Nantahala River Whitewater Rafting - North Carolina | Adventurous Fast Rivers. Then on the page is the word "whitewater" three times. 

With out a search function on the site, it is hard to analyze everything, but that is one observation. It is hard to tell why you show up well for "rock climbing instruction NC" because the search results page I get has no content with that term on it. Exterior links and content on directories and all of the 100's of signals Google sees and uses in the rankings goes into the results. Keep adding content, building links and follow the instruction in the article sections and it will improve. But not overnight.