My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Not appearing in map results but consistently ranked in web pages

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My physiotherapy business (Reform Physiotherapy and Pilates) consistently ranks in top 3 webpage results for keywords but does not appear on the map results which appears above these websites.

The business is verified and the google maps info has been up to date. It is very frustrating as the map and "view more places" option does not show my business at all but shows many other businesses which are not even operating in the same industry.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

https://www.google.ie/search?q=reform+physio+malahide&oq=reform+physio+malahide&aqs=chrome..69i57j69...

Screenshot.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Anne H

I get you on a category search for "Physical Therapist near Malahide" with Google.ie

Screenshot 2017-01-31 at 22.31.18.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut.

The problem with that is Physical Therapy and Physiotherapy are considered two very different things in Ireland. Physical Therapists are not regulated or chartered whereas as a Physiotherapist I am and this means that most people make an effort to find a physiotherapist.

In order to rank for Physiotherapy Malahide on the map, is it just a case of doing the usual things like optimising site and posting relevant content regularly?

Is there any explanation of why I am not appearing on the map at all for "Physiotherapy Malahide" (including the extended map)? I know I am bias but my site looks stronger than the competition and has been established for a number of years.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have any other suggestions on why my business is not appearing on the map results at top for key search results but is consistently in the top 3 pages?

I have tried everything and have made all the changes reccomended by Google yet other businesses not operating in the industry still appearing on map instead of me.

Surely my business should at least appear in "more places" for key terms like "Malahide physio"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the exact same problem.  Have you discovered a solution?

Thanks for posting...

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robin. No solution yet.

I will keep you posted if I can figure it out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still have not resolved this.

Does anyone else have an explanation of why my business is consistently in top 1-2 results on page one yet does not come up automatically in the map for these keywords?