AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Not a photo of the place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

People keep posting images that have nothing to do with my business (Golfclub Broekpolder). I even uploaded an image with text that sais "Please don't post images not related to Golfclub Broekpolder". Doesn't work.

I keep flagging these photos as 'Not a photo of the place', but Google does nothing.

Is there a way to eather get Google to act or get in contact with the poster of the photo to have it removed?

All help welcome!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Irma Z
1w

Re: Not a photo of the place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thx David,
Will contact Google through facebook or twitter.
I'm flagging like crazy, but up until now, nothing gets removed.
Cheers,
Irma

View solution in original post

Not a photo of the place

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Irma,

To remove photos is a multi-step process.

Mike Blumenthal has posted the process to get photos removed

1- Log into the Google My Business dashboard using the email used to verify the listing
2- Goto the photo section and select manage photos (probably by customer) 
3- Click on the photos you want removed
4- In the upper right of each photo is a flag that should be clicked
5- This will take you to a report form which needs to be filled out
6- If after 10 days to two weeks the photos are still present you need to contact support @GoogleMyBiz at either Twitter or Facebook for their assistance.  To contact them:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness
Twitter https://twitter.com/GoogleMyBiz

Photos can be added by the public through the contribute program. Contributors can be reported to moderators if they are abusing the system by going out side of the terms of service.  The contribute program is explained at this link and is a way for Google to gain more detailed information regarding maps listing other than just what a company may or may not post. Many listings are not even claimed. Here is a link to regarding the Community policy. If you find they are violating specific contribute community terms and conditions refer to that. For a list of who the moderators are and what they do is listed on the site. If they agree it is a violation they will investigate and take action but they do not report back to you the results of there investigation. If they are photos that you do not measure up to your standards this will not be acted on. Tourist and highly visited location do get a lot of sort of off topic photos, I think people visiting the site understand that and filter out of topic things.

Here is a link to the prohibited and restricted content definition.

Thanks for asking, 

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Irma Z
1w

Re: Not a photo of the place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thx David,
Will contact Google through facebook or twitter.
I'm flagging like crazy, but up until now, nothing gets removed.
Cheers,
Irma