My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Not Appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Monmouth Property Bureau

26 Agincourt Square, Monmouth, NP25 3BT

We have verified our business but I cannot seem to get it to appear in certain searches which are crucial to our business. The categories you can choose from seem to be all American and things that people would not search for in the UK. Things like 'letting agents' and 'estate agents' cannot be selected. When you search these phrases and add Monmouth to the end then all of our competitors appear in the results but we do not. Can anybody tell me why this is? What are we doing wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not Appearing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
FWIW: I get your business if searching for "Real Estate Agency near monmouth" - getting you on page one of all results

Re: Not Appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In the UK, we don't use 'real' infront of estate agent, letting agent etc. Yes, if you add the category 'real estate agents' to a company's Google+ page / Google MyBusiness entry, that company then appears in the local listing for 'real estate agents' but it still doesn't appear in the local listing for estate agents'. Yet that listing exists, so just how do you get a company into the local listings for a search for 'estate agents' when it doesn't exist as a category within Google.

There was a time when only one of the chosen categories had to be in Google's 'approved' list - now they all have to be. Is this a case of established companies being able to continue with the use of the 'estate agents' as a category but new ones being barred from it?