AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

No relevant category on Google My Business Map Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to register our website in Google my business but in the Map listing no relevant category pops up. (Not even a close one)

Our website is shinyspace.net and we are a cleaning service company. Please, advice how I must proceed.

(I am stuck in the very last tab of  Google Map listing called: "Category")

Business Name:

Shiny Space

Business Address:

4401 Yellow Rose Dr Austell, GA 30106

Phone number:
(404) 419-3909

Google+

Be good and Thanks for your time,

Melisa

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melisa K
May 2016

Re: No relevant category on Google My Business Map Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Melisa K

I don't understand this as "cleaning service" is a listed category (at least for the US, CA& UK)

Are you in a different country and not able to use "cleaning service"  your category in any other country as US, CA& UK?

Can you provide any error messages getting from GoogleMyBusiness while trying to use "cleaning service"  as your category?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melisa K
May 2016

Re: No relevant category on Google My Business Map Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Melisa K

I don't understand this as "cleaning service" is a listed category (at least for the US, CA& UK)

Are you in a different country and not able to use "cleaning service"  your category in any other country as US, CA& UK?

Can you provide any error messages getting from GoogleMyBusiness while trying to use "cleaning service"  as your category?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a similar problem - we are independent advisers on prepaid funeral plans and the nearest category is Funeral Directors, which we are not.   What can I do please?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Stephen P

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will close this very old thread for new reponses