My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

No physical address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have created a listing for my business, but I have no physical address for it. Will the address listed show up on my account even though I checked the box that said I provide services at my customer's location? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: No physical address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you selected "I deliver goods and services" and deselected "I also serve customers at my business address" then your address will not showScreenshot 2016-03-15 17.32.22.png

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you selected "I deliver goods and services" and deselected "I also serve customers at my business address" then your address will not showScreenshot 2016-03-15 17.32.22.png

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Christa O

I just want to make sure I understand the question-

Hi, I have created a listing for my business, but I have no physical address for it. 

You created a listing, but don't have a physical address for your business right? Did you use your home address or a P.O Box when you created your "Google My Business" account?

Here's what I know– you need an address to verify your business as Google will send a post card. I am not aware of any other ways to verify if you are a new business besides using a GYBO partner (Google's Get Your Business on the Map program), but even then you need an address.

If you've been in business a while you can sometimes use a phone number to verify, but if I am guessing correctly you are just starting.

Will the address listed show up on my account even though I checked the box that said I provide services at my customer's location? 

If you used your home address and check the "I provide goods and services to customers at their location." box then your address will not show on the map. You will get a pin with the area you defined as your service area highlighted in light red when someone performs a search for your business.

I made some assumptions, but I hope I answered your question.

Edit- and as @Mike Blumenthal stated, deselecting the "I also serve customers at my business address" box is necessary as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What if you are an e-commerce business that services the entire country?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
create a brand page then