AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

No Place ID assigned?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could anybody help me find the Place ID for this business:?

https://www.google.com.au/maps?ion=1&espv=2&q=maid+to+clean&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&biw=2133&bih=1072&um=1...

When I search for it in Google's Place ID search, it comes down in the drop down menu but for some reason it seems to not have a Place ID assigned. 

I am trying to find it so I can integrate the Google Places Reviews on to our website.

Thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Place ID assigned?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Embedded in the URL is this Hex number
1s0x6ad6435a225ff4b7:0xe626aa58d7887e9d
The first part is some sort of geo locator and the second in your CID

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Ed C,

Please note that your business is a service-area business that doesn’t have a physical

address and therefore may not have a place ID associated with it.

I have already answered your question previously on this thread. Please find support and forward your question for the Google Places API on the Google Places API Community and Support page.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Terry,

My business does have a physical address and therefore should have a place ID associated with it. I have followed the steps for the Google My Business and have a verified listing. I have also got access to the Google Places API and have an API key. For some reason I still cannot have a places ID allocated to my business though

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Ed C,

Have you tried the Nearby Search Requests method using the following query string for a search request?

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/place/nearbysearch/json?location=-37.767517,144.9765823&radius=...

The place ID found is ChIJt_RfIlpD1moRnX6I11iqJuY, which coincides with our internal system.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Terry,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it doesn't quite solve the problem. I am
trying to integrate the Google Places Review plugin on my website. When I
type in my business name, Maid to Clean, it does not appear in the
drop-down menu and therefore I cannot select it and have the plugin show
live reviews on my site.

[image: Inline image 1]

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi @Ed C,

This is an issue with the Google Places API, which is separate from the Google My Business API.

We recommend that you consult the resources suggested by the Google Places API Developers site and file a bug as the documentation suggests if you are not able to find an answer to your question.

Thanks,

The Google My Business API team

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
What is the plugin you are using? The wordpress one? https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-places-reviews/installation/

I don't have it, but I see once you run the search, it generates the Place ID below it in what looks like a read only field. Can you disable the read-only piece via developer tools, paste in your actual place ID and then save the plugin? Non entirely sure as I don't have the plugin but could be worth a shot.