My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New owner bad reviews from old owner

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://www.google.com/search?q=medella+vina+ranch&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS691US691&oq=medella+vina+ranch&aq...,

Grae is the new owner of this property.  Since our purchase we have done extensive construction/demo and are changing the entire nature of the property. While it will still be a ranch it will also function as an event center/ health events/clinics. Basically we are nothing like the old owner/business yet we are stuck with their reviews. Can we please have all reviews removed

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Generally, when a rebrand occurs, you can close the old listing and open a new one, which will cause the old reviews to stay with the closed listing. 

You may be able to call support and convince them that the location is under new ownership and has new facilities, which has significantly changed the user experience at that location. Being very specific that customers will have a new and distinct experience at the location may help you win your argument to get the older reviews pulled.

However, I think you might be missing an opportunity. There are few places you can write anything you want and have it appear front and center on Google. A review response is one of those places. You could respond to those reviews, explain the location is under new management, and describe the changes you've made to make the location a far better place than the one the original reviewers experience. 

That, coupled with encouraging new reviews on your location will probably be far better than closing the listing and starting a new one. And it may be even better than simply having the old reviews deleted from the current listing. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Re: New owner bad reviews from old owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the suggestion, but we are not appealing to the same clients
that the old business was. We also wont even be offering some of the
services that some of the reviews are based upon.

What number would i contact about having all old posts removed?

*Medella Vina Ranch*
4450 S. Houghton
Tucson, AZ 85730
520-298-1983
Follow us on Facebook!

Re: New owner bad reviews from old owner

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

That might all be worthwhile information to share in a review response. Please note that a response to the review isn't an attempt to get the person that reviewed the business to become a return customer. Rather, it is an opportunity to speak to anyone reading the original review so that they can get an idea of what kind of business you're running. 

To request a phone call, go to the hamburger menu (☰) and select ? Support to get to the menu shown below. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 5.05.39 PM.pngContact Us

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cant reach that section, is that from a phone? i'm on a computer. 

I also looked it up accross all the forums here and everyone else seems to have trouble reaching that section ( one said it was deleted)...

Is there anyway you can send me a link to where i have to go?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I actually just checked it on my phone as well and the support page you are showing does not exist.... i think.

I understand google is busy and so they try to hide their contact us page but it is frustrating.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

No, this isn't from a phone, but from the desktop app on Google My Business. 

If you're using the app, it looks something like this screenshot. Note that using a mobile web browser won't bring the contact options in the way I've described. You must be signed in to your account on desktop or thru the mobile app.