My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New owner bad reviews from old owner that are affecting our business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We purchased our new office a little over 3 years ago (First Eye Care Roanoke: Address: 1104 N Hwy 377, Roanoke, TX. 76262 Phone#: 817-491-2018: Google+URL: https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=first+eye+care+roanoke&oq=first+Eye+Care&gs_l=hp.3.0...).

At that time it was Taylor Quinn Optical. When we purchased the office from TQO our owner I am assuming "claimed" this address and office to start First Eye Care Roanoke. However, at that time the office (which was completely turned over from the staff to the doctors and remodeled) was stuck with 3 poor reviews that had nothing to do with FEC Roanoke and everything to do with TQO. I have tried calling and talking to customer service and have gotten nowhere. I was told at one point about 6 months ago, that if I flagged these reviews they would be deleted from my page. Can someone please help me understand what I need to do to get these removed from our account. I could provide a bill of sale and transfer of ownership if we needed to. 

We went through this same issue with Yelp and they ended up removing the reviews that were not ours. I have found them in the past to be more difficult to work with than Google, so I know as long as I get to talk to the right people this can be resolved. I have just had a hard time getting in contact with someone who can help. Thanks in advance for the help!

Attached are the reviews that DO NOT pertain to our officeReviews to be Removed.PNG

Nick 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New owner bad reviews from old owner that are affecting our business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nicholas N

I will bump this up the chain and see if we can do anything

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: New owner bad reviews from old owner that are affecting our business

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Nicholas N

Sorry this is taking so long. Please check you email attached to account. Google needs some info from you.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership