My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New business and removing reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client and doctor of mine bought out the business/location of where he was working and started his own.

The old business is Ashby Park Pediatric Dentistry and the new is River Falls Pediatric Dentistry.

Again this is not a re-branding of the name but a completely new business at the same address.

Basically they worked together and transferred ownership of the Google My Business listing and the new business changed the name of the listing.

Problem is the client wants to start fresh and doesn't want any reviews leftover of Ashby Park Pediatric Dentistry.

Can someone show me how I can get them removed or how to get in contact with Google to remove them?

Is this possible? Or do I just have to create a new listing and get it verified etc.?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New business and removing reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cameron A,

When you inherited the account, you inherited the reviews and everything else, good and bad, with that account. You cannot have certain reviews removed to your liking. A review system needs to have certain restraints/guidelines in place to be considered credible, which is why Google (and any other credible review service) does not remove them. 

If it is a completely new business, you should set up completely new online assets and build fresh. If the old page was renamed to the new business, that will confuse some and possibly complicate your overall listings online. I would suggest doing a full audit of your online assets (search results, websites, social pages, etc.) and make sure things are consistent and correct. 

Kind Regards,

James