My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New Listing and Rankings

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two weeks ago I have added an listing for another address and after adding listing my rankings are going down for new location but still good for old locations. Why this is happening and how can i recover and improve rankings for new location? I am also doing local citations but no effect yet.

New Listing and Rankings

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

It is hard to answer this question. As per expert's opinion it takes 6-10 weeks generally for Google to index and insert a brand new listing, let alone have it rank for anything. 

I would say patience is perhaps one the most important characteristics you need to have if you want to succeed online.

Search engines are governed by complex ranking algorithms, they have BIG data to manage, competition is huge and it generally takes time to convince them that you deserve one of the top positions in their rankings.

If the issue persists for long,  I would suggest to hire a reliable SEO agency. Meanwhile , keep updating good quality original content to your website. Also try to work on your social media presence.

Cheers