My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New Listing Suspended Due to Quality Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My STD testing business recently launched a service through which our phlebotomists travel to patients' homes or offices in a number of markets to administer STD tests. Upon launch, I reached out to Google to see if this development qualified us as a service area business and was assured that it does, so today I tried claiming my first listing. The details of that listing are:

Business name: STD Test Express

Address: 109 Jackpine Dr. Pasadena, MD 21122

Telephone: (410) 402-5300

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/b/117248633445641771975/117248633445641771975/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=117248...

Everything seemed to be going well until I entered the landing page on my website associated with this listing: https://www.stdtestexpress.com/std-testing-baltimore-md/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_ca...

Upon doing so, I received a notification that my listing had been suspended due to quality issues. I'm not sure if it's related to my URL, the UTM tracking I tried to put in place for the listing, or the nature of my business. I wouldn't think it's the latter, since the "STD Testing Service" category is available as an option.

I submitted an appeal but I'm not sure how much insight the response will provide. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: New Listing Suspended Due to Quality Issues

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Good Afternoon,

Did you select the option to hide your address, "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations."

Grace

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply, Grace. I did select this option.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just to be clear, I mean I selected this option on setup, so that shouldn't be what's causing this issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Grace, a quick update since your response...The Google My Business team got back with me and asked for a business license that shows I'm able to conduct business in the service area. Since I'm conducting the actual business part (i.e. taking payment and scheduling the visit) through my website and the service is being rendered at the patient's home, I don't have a business license associated with the address that I wish to claim. Do you think that will be an issue?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Andrew,

Please leave with me and I'll see what I can find out. In the meantime would you mind sharing a little more info about the conversation you had with the GMB rep prior to claiming your listing. One more question, when setting the service area did you use zip codes?

Grace

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Andrew,

One more request, can you clarify what you mean when you say, I don't have a business license associated with the address that I wish to claim - have you not entered the address associated with your business license?

Grace

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Grace,

Thanks for the response. I had multiple conversations with GMB reps, but the last one I had before moving forward, I requested (and received) an email from one that confirmed we were good moving forward with claiming the listings. Here is that email:

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Google my Business.

I'm writing in, in regards to our conversation over the phone. As per your description of the business, as you stated that the business is for std testing at your customers location, you can create a page for Service Business Area.

For more understanding, you can read through our New Google My Business feature & GMB Help Center to understand the product better and follow us on our official blog for regular updates. Through the Google Forum, you can also get in touch with other business owners. I hope you find the information on these forums helpful.

As always, do feel free to reach out incase there’s anything at all!

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,

L

Google My Business

I did not use ZIPs in the claiming of the first listing. Since this hub serves multiple metro areas, I entered each of those (Baltimore, DC, and Arlington).

Finally, regarding the business license, we don't have one associated with the service area hub addresses. Our phlebotomists working out of the listing addresses are not taking payments or conducting the actual "business". They are just traveling out from the associated addresses and taking the samples from patients, thus no business license is required for these locations (other than perhaps from Google's perspective).

Hope this information helps! Please let me know if I can provide further details.

Best,

Andrew

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I might add that I only today received a notification that you had replied on 8/24. So sorry for the delay in continuing our discussion.