My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New Google My Business Insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just wanted to get some clarification or understanding around the new GMB insights that has been rolling out. I am getting confused with the numbers that show for "How customers search for your business" and "Where customers view your business on Google" are they supposed to be different from each other or the same? 

Because I am just looking at the numbers I see and my total views for where customers find my business is different from my total views of how they searched for my business. Shouldn't they be the same ??

Thanks!

Re: New Google My Business Insights

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Yoftahe_K,

Can you clarify which metrics you are referring to? The total views does equal all the sources of the views (i.e. search, google plus, post, photo) so I don't follow.

Best,

nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Yoshi, Nick,

Following the recent updates to GMB, there are now 4 reporting segments within the Insights dashboard
1. How customers search for your business (Direct or Discovery)
- Included in this section are the Total # of searches, with a breakdown of the # of Direct searches and # of Discovery searches

2. Where customers view your business on Google
- Included in this section are the services that customers used to find your business, either Google Maps or Search, and the Total # of Views

3. Customer actions
- click to visit your website
- get driving directions
- click to call
- view photos

4. Phone calls
- when and how many times customers contact the business

The question here is how come the Total # of searches in section 1 (direct & discovery) does not match the Total # of views in section 2 (search views & maps views)?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Cheers,

Laura.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good question on why these numbers are different, I'd be curious to know the answer myself.

Looking at our GMB Insights across several locations, the number of searches are consistently lower than the number of views.

I suppose it would be possible for a user to search for your business in Google Search (1 search), which then would give you a Listing on Search (1 view), and if they clicked through to Google Maps you would get another Listing on Maps (1 view). So basically a single search could result in two views.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nick,
So when you open the new insights, the first data set total of direct and discover and the second set which shows total views under "where customers view your business on Google".

Cheers,

Yoshi

Envoyé de mon iPhone

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Laura,

Do you by any chance know to revert back to the insights for Google+ posts? The Google instructions that came up for my account didn't match up the steps they gave (which I've been finding a lot on Google recently possibly due to all of the old and new versions of their apps). If not, I appreciate the help anyway!