My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New Google My Business Customer Support Process

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I am wondering if someone could supply me with some information on when the new Google My Business call center in India was opened/initiated?

I work for an SEO agency that is a Premier Google Partner and used to have instant verification access after signing up for "Get Businesses On the Map" campaign that was going on last year, but now when we call GMB for verifications for our franchise clients, we get sent to a call center that does not offer support other than filing a note of the issue. It took them a week to call us back, and by then we just had our Google AdWords rep escalate the issue for us and take care of it. The issue was a listing suspension that our client was furious about, as it pulled him off of Maps completely. I am wondering if other Google Partners are having the same lack of customer support now that this call center has been put in place or is now more apparent?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Linda Buquet (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Re: New Google My Business Customer Support Process

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Kimberly

I am also a GYBO and Google Premier Partner, and being as such we still do have some special routes ( not for the public).  I just dealt with one yesterday.  

First you should go back to the GYBO G+ community. and look for the support documentation

However if you can't find anything, I do have an email for their GYBO dedicated Support ( I will not post it publicly) but if you want to take the extra step to Look at my G+ profile and see my publicly displayed email, I will reply and give you that email address.

They fixed my client issue ( same day)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey @Kimberly A

You asked: "when the new Google My Business call center in India was opened/initiated?"

It's been around for a long time. At least 2 or 3 years I think.  It's just that in the past and currently you don't always get India, so maybe before you just happened to always get US support?  We've discussed this at my forum several times so it's well known to folks there, but Google does not usually make announcements about support changes.

I'm not familiar with the other support options available to you through GYBO, but it sounds like @Eric Gehler has some good resources for you. Thanks Eric!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Kimberly,

I assume you were calling ( as I have in the past) because of the Google Partners and MCC Adwords -  the Main Google Adwords Support #, in which had the Press 1 for Adwords, 2 for etc 3 for etc in which GMB was one of those options,  In the past 6 months we lost the GMB  US based support and are routed to India.

I have that email for you to bypass all that with the GYBO people ( they still work with us for us etc)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome!

That is exactly what must be happening! I knew it was a recent change because we have been doing this for 10 years and a lot of local SEO the past 2 years, and have never had this issue or had to speak with someone in India. I will email you and thank you for all of your help!

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

replied to you email - thanks you should be set now :)