My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

New GMB Insights Format Issues

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The new Google My Business Insights reporting is very nice, but it took away functionality, and some of the new functionality doesn't seem to be working:

• I work for an agency and we were previously reporting Google My Business actions to our clients individually (calls, requests for directions, clicks to website). Doing so now would mean that we would have to count totals up day-by-day by hovering over the day on the graph and then tally. Before we could just look at the number.
  • Sometimes the total number of actions for a property is given at the top of the graph, sometimes it isn't.
  • Sometimes the "Call You" graph item is disabled, even though in the phone calls graph below, there are some calls.
  • In one case, I have a property that has total views: 14k, but the total actions are 16k. This is suspicious to me, because I haven't seen anything like this with any of my other properties leaving me wondering what's so special about this property that it apparently garners multiple actions from viewers.
  • It would be nice if there were more options for date selection such as "last month" or the ability to set a specific date range.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New GMB Insights Format Issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Eron C

As this is a new platform that Google can expand on, we have sent them through tons of suggestions for the future.

You don't need to count individuals, just export the data:

( export feature has also been requested )

http://onlineownership.com/exporting-data-from-new-google-business-insights/

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership