My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Negative review from a random, non-customer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We received a 1 star review from a Google user that is not a customer.  We're fortunate enough to know this with the nature of our business being patient based (dental office).  We believe this user posted the review in error as we have a 5 star record and go out of our way for each patient experience.  As I said, he is not a patient of record.  Is there a way for us to dispute a review as being made in error?

Brennan Dental

1929 E. Ray Road, Suite 2

Chandler, AZ 85225

(480) 498-8825

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brennan+Dental/@33.3194354,-111.808571,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonny B
May 2017

Re: Negative review from a random, non-customer

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonny B

I don't think you will get this review removed. The name of the account does not have to be the customers name and Google also takes the stance that:

Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonny B
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonny B

I don't think you will get this review removed. The name of the account does not have to be the customers name and Google also takes the stance that:

Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the quick reply.  Figured as much but thought worth asking if there was an appeal process.  I honestly think it's just a mistaken (in error) review posting (no comments made, just 1 star).  Unfortunate there's no way to at least contact the reviewer and ensure they actually meant to review our establishment.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can use the flag and fix link, but not really an appeal process.

One of the largest issues of a GMB page are the Reviews, you have probably seen the 0000's of posts about them. I do hope Google re visits review policy at some point in the near future. 

What I would like to see happen is a Verified review - customer gets a code on payment receipt or invoice that they input to be shown as a verified review.

Verified reviews have a higher weight and review score.

Nudge Nudge Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They will not do anything about it because they do not care. I had a neighbor who stole our truck leave a bad review because we reported it stolen and we have reported it several times and showed them police reports and Google still will not remove it. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @At Your Service P

Its not that they don't care, its because there is such an oversight on Google together with competition investigations around the world from countries and companies, that Google cannot take any chance in seen as favoring their platform in any way whatsoever.

If the reviewers name matches the crime report, send me a link to the review and a link to the crime report and or court details.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - 

We rec'd a similar non-customer 1-star review with no comments. We simply replied that we cannot locate the person in our database and if they posted the review in error, to please remove it.  As far as I know, that is all you can do.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Holly B

The name of the reviews account does not have to be the customers name. They could call themselves Donald Duck if the wanted to.

You can flag the review:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday we received the following baseless and unwarranted review from an anonymous individual which is not only false but tarnishes our reputation as exemplary music education institution for more than 25 years. We have accomplished to successfully educate and graduate more than 800 students in the past 2.5 decades and have received countless commendations from city, state and federal branches for our operations, curriculum and community outreach. Please review the following review and delete from our page.

I thank you in advance for up-keeping genuine, unbiased and constructive reviews for businesses to strive for excellence. 

Thank you.     

REVIEW 

A Person
17 hours ago
Trust me. If I could give zero stars, I definitely would! This so-called music school is terrible. The teachers there are very unwelcoming and just snobby. No "hi" or "hello". The staff only cares about themselves and money, not about teaching children about music. Nobody is going to enjoy or want to be in an environment like that. In fact, there is one extremely rude teacher here who only says derogatory and ludicrous things to her students. Often times, she will call them stupid and dumb, and get very agitated if a student doesn't remember how to play his/her sheet music or doesn't know how. She will slam the piano angrily when she gets mad. She loves raising her voice at people, which is beyond ridiculous. One might even consider it as verbally attacking. Heres a tip for you: If a student is struggling, maybe you should be SUPPORTIVE and encouraging instead of putting them down. She is an elderly woman, but because I am so very nice I won't be giving out any names. Oh, and did I mention that the owner doesn't do anything, even though there are cameras everywhere? In every single room? Yeah, that's real nice to know. Parents, be aware! Also, the kids here are very egotistical and uncongenial as well. Very pretentious, if you ask me. If you don't come across as their type, then they'll ignore you and treat you like garbage. Overall, AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Saro M

Reading the review, I dont believe it violates and guidelines and Googles main policy is:

Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience

Equally a customers account name does not have to be that of a real identity.

Frustrating I know, I also have reviews left on my business that I cant get removed when someone here does not like what I have to say.

In my experience this review wont be removed if I escalated it for checking. However you can report the review yourself: