My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Need to verify business, but address/number is wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to update the information for our recruiting office in Port Angeles,Wa. My business name is US Marine Recruiting Port Angeles.

Due to the old address I am not able to verify.

The new address is 112 Del Guzzi Drive Suite 1B

Port Angeles, Wa 98362

I did receive a verification in the mail, however it was passed the time limit to input the code. How can I correct this?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, @Jonathan F!

Do you mind if I may know the old address? Also, is this old address the one you currently have for your Google Business Page you're trying to verify? If not, and it's located on a second, separate Business Page? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received this message but I don't believe this should be related to my account. It was sent to : agenda@distantia.ca but our business name is not: US Marine Recruiting Port Angeles.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The old and currently listed address is:
701 E Front St
Port Angeles, WA 98362-3610
United States

The correct address is in my original post

Thanks!

Re: Need to verify business, but address/number is wrong

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Jonathan F

Hello! Thank you for this information. I looked up your business name on Google search, and this is what came up as your company's address. I also noticed that this old address' Business Page is currently listed as unclaimed. 

US Marine 1.jpg

To better help your situation, could you let me know if you've ever owned that page? Or, do you currently own it, but your page is now notifying you that it needs to be verified again? 

If your situation is where you do not currently own the page, then you should (1) claim it, (2) change the address, and then (3) request the page to be verified.

If your situation is where you still currently own the Business Page, but it's prompting you to verify it again, then what you want to do is (1) update the address, (2) request the page to be verified again. This will most likely be done with Google sending a postcard with a verification code to the new mailing address. Please do this only after you've already changed the address. Changing your address between when you request a verification postcard and when you enter the verification code will reset the verification process. 

I hope this helps you!