My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Need to have presence?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a client who has a coaching business. She has a business license and often travels to her client's houses. 

Would I still be able to create her an account here? Her house would be where they would send the verification but we don't want her house to show up on google maps.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need to have presence?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Aurora A

Her business would likely be eligible for a Google My Business listing. Here's a link to the guidelines for more info.

If it's a home-based business then the listing would need to set it as a service-area business by following the steps here.

Note under step 7 that the box for “I serve customers at my business address” should be unchecked. This will prevent her full address from appearing on the live listing and indicate that she's serves clients at their locations.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

I seem to have a similar issue. I have a home-based business (www.carouselmacarons.com) delivering to Twin Cities Metro Area locations (in Minnesota) and as you suggested I check my account and it is set as service-area business. And "I serve customers at my business address" is also unchecked. Google says it is suspended due to content issues but does not give any further information. I'd appreciate any help or suggestion.

Thanks

Eser

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Eser K

I'm not sure what the issue is but I have little info about your business to work with. You can try submitting a reinstatement request by filling out this form.

But to get more help from me or someone else on the forum, please start a new thread and include the following info for your business in your new post:

1. Business name
2. Business address
3. Business phone number
4. Its Google My Business URL (if you know it)

To start a new thread:

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the response Tom.

Early this morning, I received a message from the Google Support team that they removed the suspension on my business account. Looks like I need to be more patient in these types of situations. And thank you for the directions. I'm sure I will need use this forum more often in the future.

Thanks

Eser