My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Need to change my business address for an address in China

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am responsible for following company page. We are a Chinese company, fully Mainland-China-based (offices in Shanghai and Beijing). The company page has been created about 6 years ago by our French founder and at this early stage he registered with an address in France as Google did not accept Chinese address.

The problem is that now, when people are searching on Google about our company, the Google My Business page's information appear on the right of the SERP and display this French address, along with a Google Map  Street View and a wrong phone number. In spite of my numerous trys, I cannot change this address as well as the phone number. How can we proceed to have the relevant information (one of our office address in Beijing or Shanghai and the relevant phone number), or at least removed this information from the SERP?

Kindly let me know,

Thibaud

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is a very strange case - not to say a nice finding about a strange kind of hack.

MainlandChina isn't supported by GoogleMyBusienss and never have been (fingercrossing it will some times - but this is an other point)

Actually you can't get the address changes done to a Chines address as the listing have been created in the French or English userface and as a French listing

Re: Need to change my business address for an address in China

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your answer. Do you think it would be possible to remove the
address indication from the company page then?

Kindly let me know,

Thibaud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer Helmut,

Do you think it might be possible to remove the location from the company page, as well as the phone number? 

Also, how could we control the display from the GoogleBusiness page appearing in the SERP and, for instance, choose what element will be display (remove the street view which is not of importance for a consulting business for instance and add more picture of the office)?

Kindly let me know,

Thibaud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good luck, those jerks at Google never thought that someone might want to remove an address. Instead they keep it up forever no matter how you try to change it. Drives me fucking insane