My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Need help correcting wrong link to our website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business Name: Cuyahoga Valley Career Center

Business Address: 8001 Brecksville Road, Brecksville, OH 44141

Main Number: 440-526-5200

Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/1/102691597346977163276

Problem: when searching "Cuyahoga Valley Career Center" the "Website" button (next to "Directions") links to an incorrect website. It should go to www.cvccworks.edu (instead it goes to www.cvcc.org). How can I get this corrected?

CVCC Search.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need help correcting wrong link to our website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mindy J

This is a claimed listing so the website link can be quickly updated from the Google account that verified the listing. If you don't know who has control of the listing, ask anyone at the business that you think may have claimed it. Google will not tell you what email address of the current owner of the listing but they will provide a hint. The hint for this listing is:

This listing has already been verified by cu…@gmail.com

Also, on the screen capture you posted, see where it says "Suggest an edit" above "Reviews from the web"? You can click on that and suggest the website change there but your best bet is to update the listing from the Google My Business dashboard. It's of course a good idea to have access to the listing to be able to make updates and to respond to reviews when needed as well.

And if you absolutely cannot track down the account that verified the listing you should look at this article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.