My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Need a ex-owners business listing removed from my home address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need an the prior home owners business listing removed from my home address. It does not exist and I have nothing to do with it. I don't want it associated with my house.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need a ex-owners business listing removed from my home address.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I understand what and why you "need" it but Google doesn't remove closed business.
The only available option is reporting it as closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's a home not a business. Second of all there is no business here. It was a prior owners nothing to do with me. So if I wanted to label a neighbors house as a business Google will never remove it. Sound like a bad business practice on googles part to me. Does it take a lawyer? Please remove it asap.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew M

If you go to maps.google.com and search for the name of this business, does your home address come up? If so, and you'd like to remove it, then the option is, as @Helmut Geissler said, to mark it as closed.

The way to do that is:

1. From the business listing in Google Maps click on Suggest an edit or Report a problem (depends on your location as to what you see).

2. Then click on the slider next to "Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist" and select the first option of 'permanently closed' from the list that appears.

3. Click on submit.

It may take a couple of days for the edit to be approved but once it does, all searches for that business will come up with a red label showing that it is permanently closed at that address (being your home address).

As Helmut mentioned Google won't remove the listing completely from their database but this will show searchers that your home is no longer in business so to speak :)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
in case you don't like Priyas correct advice can try differently this:
try searching the "business" on GoogleMaps and once getting it use the link "suggest an edit" .
Report it then as "private"