My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Need To Change That I Deliver Goods & Services, Didn't Realize I Can't Make Change Now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have verifiied my Google Business address but I made a mistake of not selecting the option of "I deliver goods and services to my clients". I need to do this since we don't have an office and show that we still service the city and surrounding area. The verifcation code was sent to my home but I do not want that to be found when people search our business name. Anyone know how to make this change?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Daniel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Need To Change That I Deliver Goods & Services, Didn't Realize I Can't Make Change Now

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If you go into the GmB Edit page there is a Service Area option near the end.

Suppressing the address in search does not stop you getting a post card to the address in the GmB listing. Google can still see that.

Re: Need To Change That I Deliver Goods & Services, Didn't Realize I Can't Make Change Now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Andrew, but I can't seem to find the area you are talking about. I see a bunch of tabs on the side and an area to edit my location, but there is no option to make a change to a service area in my GmB page.

Essence_Sport_Performance_-_Business_Info.png

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You have to click on the option which asks if you provide your service at the customers location. You will then get the option to set up a service area. And your address will be hidden in search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew,

Yes I understand that, but where is that option? I've looked everywhere in the account area and there is no option to do that for the business... Please look at the screenshot and let me know where in that area you can do that, as I've looked in every tab and that option does not exist for some reason on this particular account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel M
August

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Daniel M

to change the listing in question from a address based listing to a service area listing you need to click the blurred stuff as per your screenshot

In the then coming view you should get the possibility @Andrew H is referring to.

There are in very few cases user unable to see the option due to any specific browser restrictions.

In this case try opening the dashboard in any other valid and actual browser.

In case you will still not find the option you should make a other screenshot (after having clicked the blurred stuff) but in case you come on the strange idea this to blurr again it wouldn't be a good idea.

Even not as  the listing in question shows the address.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Daniel M

to change the listing in question from a address based listing to a service area listing you need to click the blurred stuff as per your screenshot

In the then coming view you should get the possibility @Andrew H is referring to.

There are in very few cases user unable to see the option due to any specific browser restrictions.

In this case try opening the dashboard in any other valid and actual browser.

In case you will still not find the option you should make a other screenshot (after having clicked the blurred stuff) but in case you come on the strange idea this to blurr again it wouldn't be a good idea.

Even not as  the listing in question shows the address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Daniel...did you get an answer to this question that resolved your issue and, if yes, would you please share it here? I'm running into the same problem, and the solutions I'm seeing thus far aren't getting me there. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Andrew...I'm with Daniel i.e. I cannot see that option. I've not verified my business yet (I've just set it up) and so perhaps that is the problem?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Daniel and Andrew...I found the answer...click on address and then scroll down to find the "I deliver goods..." statement and check box. :)