My Business
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My verified business is not showing up on Google Mpas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Business Experts, 

We can't immediately find our company (Moonlight Dog Cafe) on google map using keyword 'pet store' although we've:

1) been in the Vancouver area for close to 2 years,

2) have good reviews and a good number of reviews compared to other similar stores,

3) completed a Google Business profile,

4) have been placed in the appropriate category,

5) have loads of pictures and

6) verified the account years ago.

For those, who are wondering about the key word, we've changed our name to Moonlight Dog Cafe Pet Store as well just in case the algorithm was confused. Did we also mention that we also use Google Analytics, have ads posted on google and post blogs on our Google+.  We are located at 835 Beatty St, Vancouver, BC V6B2M6.

The only time we seem relevant is if you scroll way into the map. However, if you just search pet store. We are not in the list of pet stores in Vancouver with stores in Coquitlam showing up but we don't. Seriously, we are not sure what else we can do. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Moonlight D

Have you considered using the PetStore schema instead of organisation schema?

I was eventually able to bring up the business listing in a local pack - a hyper local pack "pet store bc place".  FYI, yours is not the only store needing this level of granularity to show in the local pack.  So that points to more than just the business name being the reason why.

Often there is a correlation between position in the pack and organic rankings.  In your case, the organic ranking for the search term "pet store" is virtually non existent, and 31st for "pet store vancouver". 

To be fair, those two phrases are a very limited search for your biz, but they do point to a need for an overall online presence improvement.  You could call this "Local SEO".

Do some research as to what your competitors are doing in terms of their online presence - you may get some ideas to improve yours.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO

Thanks for your response. Could you please explain what you mean by a Pet Store schema instead of organization schema? We've not found similar stores doing anything different with the exception of having Pet Store in the name. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

https://schema.org/PetStore

Does that help?

And yes, I understand what you mean about the pet store thing being in the name. 

That's just one thing, but I do believe structured data is incredibly important to Google.  

One of the things that is known to impact the "ranking" of the packs in the listing is the age of the page - and that's something you unfortunately can't influence.  That said, a deeper investigation (beyond the scope of this forum) is likely to find a few things you can action.

You're covering off a lot of the major and obvious things already, so you're probably at the point of needing to engage with a local search consultant who can do a detailed analysis and come up with a list of things specific to your situation.  

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog