My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My sub company is mixing with my Main Company.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, this might be a little confusing, so please bear with me.

I own a household goods moving company, Super Mover Bros. There are Piano only moving companies and Hot Tub Only moving services. Since I worked for other companies before, I knew how to move each. None of them did it all, they were specializing in either household, piano or hot tub. So I had a bit of an advantage, I know how to move these items and have since taught my guys here.

With pianos, customers don't want to hire generic moving companies and rightfully so. We do a lot of Piano moves where the customer has other movers there, at the same time, handling the household items. Same goes for Hot Tubs.

I plan to run 3 separate ad words campaigns.

Household Moving

Piano Moving

Hot Tub Moving

Each will only show pictures that belong to it. (I will not show hot tub images on piano page etc).

I think i did something in the wrong order. If you google Super Mover Bros, it shows Super Piano Movers. There is a glitch, a crossover error. The 1 review that was left on Super Mover Bros, is showing on Super Piano Movers.

Also, the biggest problem that Im having right now is that I moved about 6months ago. But I cant seem to be able to change the address. I selected to send verification by mail (the only option). But its going to go to the old address.

Can i delete this piano listing and start from scratch?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My sub company is mixing with my Main Company.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rick

The reason Google has "mixed" the piano and movers pages, is one business is to have one and only one listing. Multiple listings for the same business are not allowed.
Google has shut down your movers page https://plus.google.com/110754822424638641717 and looks to have merged the reviews between the two pages
Piano listing is showing in maps: https://plus.google.com/100564990802059343445
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Super+Piano+Movers/@34.151663,-118.9954572,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...

Deleting and restarting this listing will only cause further disruption to your listings, and very likely cause more problems than it solves.

If you've requested the verification code more than 2 weeks ago, you can request Google verify the page with you - https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

One other comment I noted about the service are of the piano movers listing - the service area is very large. Having the large service area does not help your listing show the outer cities. It is best to go with the default radius and use other means to lift your profile in those further-away locations, such as directory listings, advertising (online and off), etc.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ill look into it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do i delete my piano listing? this is a big mess now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you know how I can get in direct contact with someone at google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, now that I remember, i did speak to someone at google. They helped me set this up. Ive been doing listings all this week and last. Ill find out whats going on. They knew about both listings. calling them now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, what do you mean my service area is very large? Its los angeles county. I cover that area, daily.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Rick

Google's default service area radius is only about 32 miles. That's very short for some businesses, and large for others.
While that area may be accurate for your business, there is an understanding that making the service area dramatically larger does not help and *may* decrease the credibility of the listing information.

One key point to remember - the piano business and moving business may be separate legal entities, but if they're basically the same biz and very close or same industry, G would consider them to be the same business. In this case, moving pianos and moving houses are still "movers".

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah but try telling piano owners that. They are very picky/delicate. They only hire piano movers to move their piano. I had to explain it to Yelp, they said they hear the same thing and allowed me to have 2 listing