2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

My posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've recently been trying out google posts on my 'my business' account. Can we only post one thing at a time? Or is it that we have to wait for a post to be approved? If i make a new post the old one disappears. Thanks for your time.

3 Expert replyverified_user

My posts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Short answer yet:

one post of one typ at the time only (I'm not quite sure what happens posting additional to an "normal text & phot post" an "event post")

Try testing it and share your experience here.

Accepted by topic author Richard B
July

My posts

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Helmut Geissler Yesterday on a Google my business page I was able to create and publish 3 posts and it creates a carousel on the listing page of pictures and text. I did it from my cell phone when logged into the business page. I am sure it will help click through on the listing when someone views the full listing. These were text and picture posts about company activities.

Two of them had links back to the site. There was no delay in the post appearing live.

@Richard B have you been able to post yet? My posts were not events.

I did find a note that uploading picture Photo uploads will not work for Google My Business mobile app versions earlier than 1.3. To upload photos, update the app.

Adding a fourth from desktop application goes live immediately and now has 4 posts. Certainly, makes the listing much more interesting. During the week I will try posting more and assume the 7-day duration of the listing keeps the volume of postings under control.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

My posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have taken to posting one thing per day maximum. this seems to work and it creates a log of my activity correctly. Thanks for your time

My posts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes i am able to post new events without my last post being deleted. I've taken to submitting one post a day maximum for now. this seems to save my previous post correctly (they are both picture posts). I'll try multiple picture posts on the same day in the future soon and post my results on here. Thanks for your time

My posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to figure out what is going on with this new posting system, can someone please explain ? Previously I used to login and go to my google business page where I could see all my posts, and there was a plus icon to add a new post. I know that this has changed now and I did a post using the new method. The post did show up immediately below our business listing when searched for on google. However, the post does not show up along with all the previous posts, which I have about 20. So where is the posts page that shows the public all your new posts ? Besides this, the new post I added is now no longer showing below our business listing 12 days later. I don't get this, where is the posts page ? How is the public supposed to see your posts besides when it briefly shows below your business listing ? Like I said, all our previous posts are still showing on our Google business page (as seen by the public), but the new post is not added. Someone please explain, I've searched hours trying to figure out how this works.

My posts

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

@Dyal R The system has changed Posts only last for 7 days and as of yet after the seven days they will not be visible to the public but does stay in a view you can see when logged in. This is a new feature and it would be neat if they allow it to be a mini blog on the listing to display information on the listing to present a detailed picture of the business. Time will tell. I suspect they keep the duration short to control spam and abuse.

I am not clear in your question about 20 posts that show up publically but new ones do not. The new method rules. If this does not answer the question please post a link to your listing on a new listing with all the requested information.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

My posts

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

@David W Cox @Dyal R Thanks everyone for using the Posts feature and hope you're enjoying it, and we're looking forward to hear how your business benefited from it.

On mobile, historical posts are shown in a feed under a tab called "Posts" - check it out. We're looking at how to provide a similar experience on desktop.

Amir

My posts

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Thanks, I had not found that yet. Looks great on mobile and tablet. Over time this can really develop a view of products and services that companies offer and can show with the postes. @Martin S Any way to change the order of how events are displayed? 

My posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you post, I dont see the + icon on the app as per the mobile instructions nor do I see "posts" in the menu on the desktop. How do I post?